In the last few weeks I have been trying to find the best recipes made with 5 ingredients or less. And let me tell you…it was not an easy task. To make a delicious dessert in under 5 ingredients is a tough thing to accomplish. But I think you guys will be happy with what I found. These Oreo Truffles are easy, delicious, and only contain 4 ingredients! Enjoy!
- 1 package (3 sleeves) of Oreos
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Using a food processor crush the Oreos until they resemble a fine powder.
2. In a standard mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine Oreo powder, cream cheese, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute, and then on high speed until full combined (about 2-3 minutes).
4. With a spoon, scoop out about a tablespoon worth or dough, roll it into a ball, and put it on the prepared sheet. Repeat until all the dough is gone. (The size is really up to you – a tablespoon will get you a nice 3 bite truffle).
5. Put balled dough into the refrigerator for 40 minutes. Make sure they are nice and firm.
6. In a double boiler, melt chocolate. Once it is fully melted, use a fork or spoon to roll each ball in the chocolate. Make sure the ball is completely coated before returning it to the sheet pan.
7. Put the dipped balls back in the fridge until the chocolate has set up. About another 30 minutes.